I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Tweezing white nose hairs


No matter what people say, growing older isn’t a blessing. Yes, for the optimists it means another year of life, but for everyone else, it means much more.  Not only do you look worse for wear, but you feel it, too.  The aches and pains, the wrinkles, the loss of memory, the loss of memory... 

Aging like a fine wine?  More like fine whine.  But, I digress.

One of the most annoying parts of getting older is white hair.  Not the hair on your head – you should be blessed to still have some there – but in your nose.  It’s bad enough they keep growing at an increasing speed (why don’t they slow down, like everything else that’s older?), but now they’re highlighted.

(And you know that line about if you yank one, two grow in its place?  That shit is true.)

Since those hairs are black (which is fine – insides of nostrils are dark), it’s not an issue.  What is an issue is when you can spot a white strand.  It pops.  A neon billboard that hums in the middle of a dark field at midnight is less noticeable.

And because beauty is pain, it has to be removed.  I’m not a fan of the electric trimmer since all that does is cut them down, leaving a blunt edge (and the same amount of hair).  No, no.  I tweeze them.  Luckily, since they’re a different texture than normal nose hairs (they’re thicker but with a weaker root), they’re removed rather painlessly.

Now, the only problem is they grow back.  And I haven’t reached the point to get laser hair removal for my nose hairs.  I think that’s a bit much.  Then again, if I see a snow covered pine forest growing out of my nostrils, it’ll be time to reconsider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home