I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Quick funk

Something is going around and no one has any idea what it is. There is definitely something in the air. A virus is seeping into the ether and sucks the life out of people. Don’t bother taking anything for it because it won’t work - at least, not now. There is no cure. It’s like that Britney Spears song…

Contagious, when I move my body
Contagious, when I’m at a party…

Wait. The song is called Outrageous. Shit. I may have caught it. But, what is it?

To put it simply, this outbreak is a quick funk. Yes, funk. Nothing and everything seems to be the cause. Several reasons could be the culprits, but who is to blame? The weather is rainy and overcast, making people wet and frizzy. The economy fluctuates on an hourly basis, leaving capitalists scratching their heads. The person you fell in love with this week tells you they found someone else, crushing you and you feel like you can't go on... another date.

You’re feeling low. Nothing can bring you out of this funk. You have no idea what to do. Drown in drink? Pop a pill? Slash your… tires.

Maybe it’s something much deeper and psychologically troubling. Or, it’s as shallow as a wading pool. I dunno. I’m not a doctor, researcher, or a crackpot with a blog. Wait. Scratch the last item.

Part of me wants to re-enact the scene in Moonstruck where Cher slaps Nicholas Cage across the face to make him realize that he doesn't (or isn't supposed to) fall in love with her.

“Snap out of it!”

Maybe the cure is as simple as that.

1 Comments:

Blogger GCA said...

Or take the drill seargeant approach:
"Suck it up and drive on Private!!"

May 23, 2005 1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home