I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pathetic-er

After two-and-a-half weeks of waiting for the call, I finally get to hear his voice on the line. It took a rather friendly, non-psycho phone call and a non-threatening e-mail for him to reciprocate.

"Hi, Steven. Sorry it took so long to get back to you." I'm sure he's sorry - sorry that he messed with a man with a really good memory. "Things have been really busy and I just completely forgot."

"Oh, no prob. I realize these things happen." I never knew I was forgettable. Apparently, I am.

"Well, I got your messages, and..."

Let me finish the rest of the conversation in a few sentences. He said he liked me, that I was full of energy and enthusiasm... but he saw someone else (a better fit was his choice of words). He said that if I were to change anything about myself (I asked him because I'm a masochist), it would be to speak less (to quote him - be more concise). He said since he now knows me and can put a face to a name, I'll be memorable and would think of me if he would ever need me.

That was gracious. Lovely. Just lovely.

Will you remember to call me when you want me?

Doesn't matter. I've already forgotten you.

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I realize that I (or anyone) shouldn't force/fantasize any relationship.

It's a waste of time and energy.

Just not healthy.

May 11, 2005 11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true! You end up wasting too much energy, when you feel like you have TRY to make someone like you. Anyone worth that kind of effort, wouldn't make you go through it to begin with. Shallow, insensitive people piss me off, lol!

May 14, 2005 6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home