I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The platinum ring

When setting sights on a goal, many people aim either very low or very high.

Cover your bases. Save your ass.

With a low goal, little effort is wasted and the outcome is beneficial, if achieved.

With a higher goal, more effort is taken into effect, but the result is much sweeter.

True, both don't guarentee anything. You can aim low and get nothing. You can aim high and get nothing. Fuck, you can aim for the middle and still get nothing.

But, you'll never know the worth of your goals unless you set a price.

Forget the brass ring and go for platinum. Of course, it doesn't have to be gaudy or tasteless. A simple, polished band, with an ice rink for a diamond.

Don't you think you're worth the best?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yes! I don't always go for the gold, but then...I don't need all that. If I get it, great but platinum works just fine. When you have to scratch tooth and nail for everything you get, sometimes platinum is worth more than gold anyway.

October 19, 2005 10:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, scratch that. I'm not REALLY that thick, but I posted that after having 4 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period, lol!

disclaimer: Platinum IS worth more than gold. I don't know where my head was at midnight.

October 19, 2005 7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the satisfaction of acheiving the goal - ex. enough money to buy the platinum - but then, just not. hmmmpf I could have it wanted it. Tossing of hair.

October 19, 2005 8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home