I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Nobody around when you need them

There are times when you feel the need to call someone, a friend, to vent about your trials and tribulations. You need to talk to them so badly that your mind begins to spin. You can't see or think clearly; it's as if you're in the midst of a mild stroke. But, what happens when they’re not picking up? You know they’re there since they reply to texts, so what’s the deal?

Recently, I got into a tiff with C and began to reel because I was in the right while C was in the wrong. I didn’t want to deal with it, anymore. No more texting, or anything. I wanted to talk to a friend so he/she could calm me down and listen to my rational ranting.

But, no one was picking up the phone. Not one. After one replied to a text, I called and he said he was busy; too busy for a five minute call. Seriously. I knew he was with his current flame; 'hos before bros. The number of times I've had to listen to his miseries about his current relationship for hours at a time and I couldn’t get five minutes?

It’s moments like these that I realize I have to take care of myself with whatever happens in my life (and that a lot of my friends are incredibly selfish with their time). It’s unfortunate, but that’s the way it is. Not everyone is made with the same sympathies.

You’re there when they need you, but there’s nobody around when you need them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You are SO right on this. I was thinking that today. I need someone to vent to, but there are very few people that A) give a shit or B) are trustworthy. I hope you're feeling better now.

October 25, 2011 5:04 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i totally relate to this too. i'm tired of being there for other people and then when i need someone, they're not there for me. pffft!!!

November 13, 2011 1:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home