I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 05, 2011

Is Labour Day the beginning or the end?

It’s already September. Labour Day. I can’t believe how fast time flies. First, I thought summer would never get here, and now that’s it’s over in about three weeks, I wish it wouldn’t end. It can be a rather confusing day for many people since they don’t know what they should be feeling.

Is Labour Day the start or the end of fun? For many, it’s the end because fun exists only during the summer (even though there are three more weeks of summer in September). The days get shorter. The nights get colder. Kids return to class and adults are back to work.

Others like to believe that it’s time to get serious. They’ve had their bit of fun and now it’s time to crack down and get back to business. Of course, a lot of students would say otherwise.

For me, I only like Labour Day if I’ve had a shitty summer. Thankfully, this one was hot as fuck and it gave me an incentive to get out there and enjoy what the world (or to be specific, the city) has to offer. So it’s a little bittersweet for me. But, that’s Labour Day for you.

It could be worse. I love the fall. The weather isn’t appropriate for shorts, but a t-shirt and jacket are fine. The environment runs at a more relaxed pace (at least for a few weeks), as if we’re still on the summer break. Winter? Now, that’s another topic for another time...

4 Comments:

Blogger JUSTIN said...

After this Summer I can so loving the cool fall weather and also looking forward to winter...it's the times of the year when I thrive.

September 08, 2011 2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you enlighten me as to why some people get so pissy if you wear white after Labour Day? As an Englishman, I have never understood it, but I read it all the time. It makes me want to get on a plane all dressed in white and run the length and breadth of North America.

September 08, 2011 6:32 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

autumn is my favourite!!!

September 16, 2011 10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what ethnicity r u? that picture with your shirt off is a little gross

October 09, 2011 12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home