I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Can’t defend that kind of behaviour

After too much pain and suffering, my friend A finally decided to leave his boyfriend. There was too much negativity and sadness in their relationship and it was time to move on. But, A isn’t like me when dealing with relationships: I cut things off and cauterize wounds, he lets them bleed, hoping they’ll heal themselves.

He visited me one day and talked about what he’d been going through and defended the ex. I nodded and heard his concerns, but this behaviour had to stop. Using my life experiences, I won’t defend anyone who has treated me like crap. I'm one that believes if someone truly loves you, they will love you unconditionally.

Not long after we have a talk at my place, I went online and ran across a profile of a certain someone we have in common. Instead of letting it go, I sent A a text. BTW, I just saw your ex is looking for bb sex online. Just thought you should know...

True, it sounded incredibly insensitive, but I think this shock is what A needed to wake up. What I didn’t mention is I saw the ex on a dating site, too. And, if he’s on two sites less than a week after breaking up (while begging A to get back together), then that would mean he’d probably on a dozen others.

I want to shake A when he does this because the ex isn't worth it. If A continues with this kind of attitude towards someone who treated him like garbage, I’m going cut him off when he talks about his loser ex; I can’t stand for that behaviour, anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

I understand that he is your friend, but this whole post smacks of bias. You expect your reader to believe that your friend is completely 100 percent the wronged party and is not partially to blame for the break down in the relationship.

April 18, 2011 4:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home