I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Loved seeing you :)

Not too long ago, I was at a fundraiser, dedicated to raise money towards a cultural institution. The tickets were expensive, but it didn't mean the crowd was the hoi-polloi of the city. Everyone was there and they were all having a great (drunken) time.

As I’m moving through the venue with D, I see P, an up-and-comer. What he’s trying to up-and-come is unknown. He’s everywhere and does everything possible; jack of several trades, master of none. We chat, he takes a few photos of me and D, then we go on our way.

Later on in the night (or very early in the morning, depending on perspective), I receive a text from P.

Sorry we didn't hang out more. Loved seeing you :)

I’m not sure what to make of this. When I see people, I don't love seeing them. I usually say something generic like: It was great to meet up. Talk soon!

The text throws me off since I consider our loosely-based relationship to be one of business. Period. I don't know what this text is supposed to mean, especially I don't like P in that way. I'm checking the box for manipulative on the survery. I know he wants something, but I just don't know what it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dean Grey said...

Hmmm.....

Maybe YOU don't like P that way but he likes you that way!

Must be nice!

-Dean

February 07, 2011 3:40 am  
Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

Maybe he just like to throw the word 'love' around too much.

I love this song...
I love this food...
I love this tree...

February 07, 2011 7:37 am  
Blogger TED said...

FYI, "hoi polloi" means "the masses," not the upper crust.

February 17, 2011 9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home