I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Keeping up with the kids

It seems like no matter how well you’re doing in life, there’s a constant need to look over one’s shoulder to take a glance at the others who are catching up to you. The race never ends; whether it’s more money, better job, higher education, etc.

There’s a new form of competition I’ve been feeling recently: keeping fit. True, I’m not overweight in any sense of the word, but some kids gotta keep you on your toes, especially when they're young enough to be considered kids (when compared to my age).

And being involved with someone who has little to no body fat, there’s a time when the pinching fingers come out in front of a mirror with less-than-flattering lighting. But, I should be happy the kid likes me, fit or flab. And that puts a smile on my face... and keeps my ass on a treadmill.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your skinny body looks ridiculoys like a bag of bones. Whats your ethnicity anyway

February 22, 2011 10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home