I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 28, 2011

They only call when they want something from you

I’m sitting on the couch in my living room when I hear my phone beep on the dining room table. I walk over and pick it up. It’s from C. “Hey what’s up?” it asks.

Odd, I haven’t heard from C in a long time. I wonder what’s going on...

Taking a few steps to my computer, I see an MSN message. It’s also from C. Hmmm. I guess he was trying to get in touch with me.

I text D and tell him what’s going on.

“Oghhhh god.. Saying what. Let’s hear this,” is his reply.

Apparently, C is looking for an internship at the publication I work for. I tell him it’s not going to happen. He has no skills, at all, and being blonde doesn’t cut it for me.

Then the tone changes.

Apparently, he wants to know if I have any internships available at my firm. Although I have considered having one, now isn’t a good time. And even if I want an intern, it wouldn’t be him. There are many more qualified people who I would consider before looking at him as a candidate.

Even D thinks he’s a little too... meh. “Eughh. Unless it is photocopying, social media and getting coffee he would be useless,” he writes in a text.

True. There isn’t anything he could do because he doesn’t know anything. I could teach him, but that’s what his schooling is for. And he would never, never meet any of the clients and have any sort of interaction with them. Because of my busy social calendar, he thinks it's always a party, but this ain’t a party, people. I (net)work at these events. It’s called show business for a reason.

He doesn’t want anything to do with me unless I can help him out. I find it odd he chose me. Doesn’t he boast about having tons of friends in the industry? Supposedly, according to Facebook, he does. But, these friends don’t do anything for him. Even after creating a new world out of glitter and paste, he realized his friends wouldn't lend a hand.

I tried to take him under my wing before, but he shrugged me off, thinking he could do better. As it turns out, he couldn’t.

Oh well, I’m sure I’ll be hearing from him again when he wants something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

Maybe he could be the best intern you have ever had. He is just trying to use his contacts to get a leg up, we have all done it.

Would you really want him calling up to say 'Hey' it doesn't sound like you like him as a person.

March 06, 2011 6:04 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

If I was there, I'd be the best intern EVER!!!

March 11, 2011 12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home