I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 25, 2011

The best intentions?

Some people have the best intentions for others, but they don't always consult the others they have these intentions for. Case in point: my family and friends.

True, they always have my back even when I don't want them to (and when I do need them, they're always there in some form). I'd like to think I'm fairly reliable and able to take care of myself (been doing it for a while now with moderate success). Not everyone sees it that way. I'm always getting reminders and suggestions about how I should run my life, what I should be doing and with whom, for how long, etc. etc.

What they don't understand is if there's something out there to help improve my life, I'm there five minutes before it's being introduced. But, I may not get to all of them on the same day for a few reasons: 1) There are only 24 hours in a day, 2) I am only one man and don't have assistants to take care of all the menial things, and 3) I'm already busy as fuck, running several projects so I might get a little tired after working 16 hours a day.

I know their hearts are in the right place, but sometimes I wonder where the hell their brains are.

1 Comments:

Blogger JUSTIN said...

Ugh, I know what you mean. There are only so many hours in the day, and others seem intent on "helping" to fill them up. Just remember how lucky you are that people care about you. Even if they are a pain in the ass.

April 28, 2011 11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home