I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, October 21, 2005

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, drop dead

Knowing that someone has it better than you do makes you jealous of what they have. The jealousy becomes hate, turns into rage, which ultimately, develops into violence.

Currently, I'm going through the motions of one extreme to the next - in rapid fire succession.

Finding out a co-worker - who has been with the company for a few weeks, has zero work experience, and hasn't even graduated from college - gets my promotion, is making me want to go postal. Badly.

Since I found out about her promotion before she did, the pot has been simmering for a while. In a few days, her promotion will be raised at the general meeting and she'll pretend to act surprised.

"Oh, I didn't expect this," she'll say in her soft voice, with mock surprise.

Didn't expect this, my ass, bitch. You were out for this job since the first day you wore your push-up bra, short skirts, and fuck-me heels. Yeah, right. Didn't expect this, my ass.

Now, the time with my co-workers will be tense and awkward. I have to walk the hallways, have strained conversations, and act like nothing is wrong.

"Well, they went with somone who they thought was the better fit," I'll say when someone asks me how I feel, although I'll be thinking, Yeah, the management is bunch of dumb fucks who wouldn't know talent if it teabagged them.

Hmmm... Maybe my anger issues has something to do with the fact I didn't get the promotion.

Nah.

It doesn't matter, anyway.

I'll continue to be respectful of others, without showing any sign of hate towards those who glide by on life with their tits, blonde hair, and the ability to fuck people over without ever having sex with them.

And, I'll continue repeating a phrase in my head to qualm the violent thoughts and keep the pot from boiling over: I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, drop dead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly don't know how the world functions. EVERY where you look, it's the same ignorant Bull Shit.
You want I should grab her by the hair, and accidentally knee her in her dental work? No, knocking out her teeth would only improve the "fit."

Hang in there. Bad luck has GOT to take a day off, sometime.

October 21, 2005 6:20 pm  
Blogger S said...

I won't do anything bad to her, or anyone.

In fact, things are slowly getting better, although I still can't be in the same setting as her when we're having our meetings - too territorial.

Oh, and does anyone remember which TV comedy my post title came from?

October 22, 2005 9:11 am  
Blogger the cat's meow said...

so what happens in the end? did you get a new job? did she eventually spill cappucino down someone's pants (tho' I fear they might enjoy it ...)

August 15, 2007 1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home