I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Drama chasers

With the world in a constant state of disarray, it’s no surprise that many of us are finding ways to alleviate forms of drama in our lives. From prayer to prescriptions, the methods of medication are endless.

But, what about those who want to add drama to their lives?

Nona is a woman who appears to live a happy life. Her marriage to a loving husband is solid. She has two bright and educated children. Her social life knows no bounds. And, her job is always fulfilling and challenging.

So, why is she a drama chaser?

There are certainly many reasons for her actions. Her marriage has seen better days. Her children are not meeting her lofty (and irrational) expectations. Her friends are “living the life” that she wants. And, her career, although fulfilling, screws her over time and time again.

But, in all realities, she lives an empty life and believes that drama is the only way to fill a gaping void. She makes it her job to find ways to assimilate her life into the lives of others – without them asking. She acts and reacts with every new possibility. More and more. An addictive personality. With conflict in her life (and conflict is always the source of good drama), she feels alive.

Ironically, although this drama gives her a reason to live, it also gives her a reason to feel miserable.

How strange.

Why someone would want a life like that, I’ll never know. Whenever drama comes my way, I’m always the first person to turn the corner or let it pass me by. That, or I’ll prescribe myself my own form of self-medication.

Who needs all this drama in their lives?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some people have lived in such chaos and drama during their formative years, that they don't know how to function without it. To them, things are only abnormal when they're running smoothly.

August 08, 2005 7:02 pm  
Blogger Brechi said...

no more drama!

August 08, 2005 10:39 pm  
Blogger S said...

Hmmm... Interesting.

I'm seriously considering making "Drama chasers" a series.

August 09, 2005 11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it would be a hit. Sounds like we all have 'drama queen/king' stories to tell!

August 09, 2005 8:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some people create all the drama to have others validate their existence..
It's the 'My misery is more miserable than yours, look what i have to put up with' rubbish.
No more drama please!

August 11, 2005 1:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home