I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Whipping boy

Some people should keep their opinions to themselves, for fear of an unwanted reaction.

For example, in a recent rant, someone tells me I’m anti-social and have a severe personality disorder, amongst other things. She goes on and on, saying that I am always making fun of friends and family, fat and old people.

Wanting throttle her with my bare hands, I settle on looking at her with pity – bitch has no idea what she’s talking about.

She manages to get simple facts wrong and misconstrues basic information.

False, I am not anti-social; I just don’t care for her friends. And, I don’t have a severe personality disorder, unless you consider being around a bitch like her a negative personality trait.

True, I do make comments about friends and family, fat and old people. But, if this person actually uses her brain for more than filling up her cranial cavity, she would know that most negative comments are about me. I’m my own whipping boy.

Self-preservation of the mind. Self-effacing for the soul.

Even ESL readers realize my stories are about basic functions in my life that I manage to screw up. This life happens to involve other elements – one of them is people. They’re hard to ignore. There are six billion of them in the world. One time, or another, there will be a chance that you’ll bump into one of them.

So what if the people in my environment happen to be friends and family, fat and old people? Should I move? Location, location, location. Would it make a difference? It’s all a matter of circumstance.

Is this all a case of wrong place at the right time, or right place at the wrong time?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can't make fun of friends, family, fat and old people, who CAN you make fun of?
It's how people whine about it that makes it fun.

God forbid we stop talking about fat bottoms. Ours or others..

July 27, 2005 4:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, everyone has moments when they just need to say something nasty, and there are levels to this. If your dear, sweet grandma is old and fat, you'd never mention it. If a stranger who just cut you off in traffic is old and thin, you pick on 'old'. If they're old and fat, you skip 'old' and go straight for 'fat'. There are unwritten rules for making fun of people. You pick the most obvious first, and run with it. While she can defend her friends against your comments, I don't doubt that she's made the same comments (or had the same thoughts) about other people, herself.

July 28, 2005 3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home