I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Sweet tooth

Not being the sort of person who normally purchases sweets (which is ironic since, considering my bitterness, I should be chewing on as many sweets as any human with a dazzling set of chompers can), every once in a while I get a craving for a sugar rush that equals that of a four-pack of Red Bulls.

**

Walking through the grocery store, I look in my basket and notice even though I have the basics to keep me going for the rest of the week (bread, milk, Pepto, etc.), I don’t have anything for a quick snack.

After strolling around a few aisles, I find what I’m looking for in a chocolate-marble-swirl bundt cake. Perfect.

By the time I get home, I open up the package and cut a small slice while I’m putting away the groceries. Then, I go back and cut another slice. And another. And one more. Even though I have already had breakfast and lunch, the only thing on my mind is cake. And, there’s still dinner to think about.

In 10 minutes, ½ the cake is gone. M.I.A. Pas de gâteau.

It has to be put away, or else I will explode before the day is done. BOOM! Little bits of cloth and cake will cover the walls and floors of the kitchen, yet even in this state, I'll probably find a way to lick away at the leftovers.

Damn bakers. Why are they able to make something so tasty and addictive? Are they former drug dealers? Well, that would explain the need for a constant rush.

Even though I am a bitter person, for the right amount of sugar, I will definitely have a sweet tooth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tuna Girl said...

Ack. It's like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I buy a dozen for teh family and I eat six standing over the sink before anyone notices I have them.

August 25, 2006 1:52 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I have the same problem with gummi bears.

August 25, 2006 8:09 am  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I'll see you, Steven, at the next SA meeting.

"Hi. My name is 'Lem' and it's been 5 days since my last cinnabun."

August 25, 2006 8:25 am  
Blogger S said...

TG: Krispy Kreme. They're evil. Sugar-coated evil!

Torn: At least gummi bears aren't high in fat and calories.

Lemuel: Cinnabun! I love them, warm coming out of the oven... Yum.

August 25, 2006 12:21 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

I'm all about the Krispy Kreme, too. Maybe it's the KK emblem.

But that cake ... I could have polished off the whole thing.

August 25, 2006 2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krispy Kreme....YUUMMMMYYYY!!! Then there's cookies, right Steve?

August 26, 2006 10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home