I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Kennel Club

From The Women to Mean Girls, the cinema has presented a wide range of back-stabbing bitches who use their razor-sharp wit to slash away at the self-esteem of their victims, making them feel superficially superior.

When I was younger, I used to think it was cool to talk about other people behind their backs. The little quips allowed me to vent personal frustrations on others. Making someone feel small made me feel big. And, I liked it.

That feeling quickly disappeared when someone heard something I said that wasn’t very nice. Although I made like a spin-doctor and denied, denied, denied, it was too late and the damage was done.

From then onward, I made it a point not to talk about anyone behind their backs - I tactfully do it to their face. They were people who had feelings, and people who have feelings can get hurt.

In other words, I grew up, became a better person, and realized that I wouldn’t want anyone to do the same thing to me.

Unfortunately, some people never grow up. Whether they’re 13 or 30, they’re members of The Kennel Club. It doesn't matter if they’re your friends or family, acquaintances or co-workers, and their knives are always within reach of their lashing tongues.

Sadly, these bitches always walk away with their tails between their legs, even after having stabbed others in the back. They can’t help it. Some animals are born cowards.

Pull out the blade, and stick it in my back. A little deeper. Come on, you know you want to. It makes you feel good, doesn’t it? Does it feel good to hurt me? I know how you like to…

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I find it's more satisfying to slam people to their face.

August 15, 2006 9:03 am  
Blogger S said...

Six: Isn't that another way of being a bitch?

August 15, 2006 9:41 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

August 15, 2006 11:29 am  
Blogger savante said...

Whoa. What was that last bit about :)

Paul

August 15, 2006 12:56 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

That last bit was HOT...

As for : Sadly, these bitches always walk away with their tails between their legs, even after having stabbed others in the back. They can’t help it. Some animals are born cowards..., that's a hell of a thing to say about someone behind their back, no? ;)

In all fairness, you're right, some people carry their insecurities into adulthood, and will always need to put people around them down so that they feel better about themselves. Sad, but true.

August 15, 2006 2:40 pm  
Blogger S said...

Savante: It means exactly what it means. Insert knife, pull out knife. Repeat as necessary.

Dan: I don't say these things behind their backs. They've heard me voice my opinion often.

August 15, 2006 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home