I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mark my words

While looking at one of my favourite magazines, going through the articles and glancing over the pretty pictures, I come across an article that is so terribly written, I wonder if the writer had to fuck the copy-editor senseless in order to let it go through the way that it did.

Not only is the structure bad, the grammar is even worse. I’ve seen preschoolers do a better job at connecting random words to form sentences.

It all makes sense when I read the byline. It’s a name that I haven’t seen in a long time. It’s a name that belongs to someone I worked with. It’s a name that drives me to the point of madness.

Last year, I was offered a position at a company to later have it rescinded and offered to him. When I accepted a short-term contract with the same company (yes, I’m stupid), I was made to rewrite pieces he worked on because he was “too busy with other clients” (a.k.a. doing Google searches for eight hours a day). When I was assigned work he couldn’t do/finish on time (see Google, above), I achieved amazing results in half the time that he would’ve taken (again, Google).

Yet, they let me go and he stayed on.

Now, as I look back on that experience, it bothers me to know there is a guy who has everything given to him on a plate, and he doesn’t need to lift a hand. And, when that plate isn’t to his liking, someone else is to blame.

He has to be made an example of the oafishness that exists in the workforce. Whether it is the lowly junior or the high-powered executive, their time will come when everyone discovers how incompetent they really are.

No matter what it takes, I will show everyone that he is a complete and colossal catastrophe.

And, I will win the fight.

Mark my words, bitch is going down.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proves the old saying, "Shit rises to the top."

BTW, ended up making the cookies after all.

August 08, 2006 12:41 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Oooh, you're so sexy when you're forceful and determined (read: bitchy)

:)

I mean, I can only imagine what it must be like to work with incompetents.

August 08, 2006 9:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ boy...I say we publish an article for him that combines the plagerized works of many of todays best and brightest. Then watch the sparks fly when he has to explain how he wrote the piece. [runs from the room giggling with glee]
kb

August 08, 2006 9:43 am  
Blogger S said...

Glenn: I thought it was the cream rises to the top? Shit and cream in one combo... gross.

Six: I'm not bitchy. And, I know what you mean about working with doofs.

KB: Sadly, his employers don't know the difference between Mailer and a mail out.

A Million Little Pieces, anyone?

August 08, 2006 2:02 pm  
Blogger savante said...

Ooh, the politics at work! Glad you're putting your foot down and letting your inner bitch out!

Paul

August 08, 2006 10:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home