I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mike Rowe is a dirty man

There is something incredibly satisfying about watching a grown man do all of the dirtiest things you could possibly imagine in front of an audience of millions.

Each week on Dirty Jobs, host Mike Rowe goes around the U.S. to find the most disgusting jobs in the nation. If you think it sounds repulsive, imagine how much worse the job is for someone who actually does it.

From cleaning septic tanks of primary schools (those kids sure do love their corn), to picking up roadkill on the sides of highways (I guess the buck stops here, says Rowe when referring to a dead deer on the side of the road), the show is kept on the funny side of gross with Rowe’s snarky remarks.

Truthfully, there is nothing more entertaining than watching a grown man capturing horse semen while the stud vigorously humps a pummel horse (pun intended), preparing a mare by knuckle-washing her (the term shiny heiney will forever means something much more graphic than I could ever imagine), pulling on a long, latex glove, inserting his arm (to his armpit) up the mare, and inseminating her using the proper instruments.

If you think that’s dirty, there’s a lot more nastiness I wouldn’t even touch with a 10-foot pole.

No matter what happens, all that can be said is you'd be much happier that you don’t have to do these jobs.

Although after each episode, I always have the need to take a shower.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, a cold shower, you perv.

:)

July 27, 2006 9:34 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

When is that on? I want to watch. I saw Rick Mercer put his arm all the way up the cow with the glove. He was hysterical of course.

July 27, 2006 10:45 am  
Blogger S said...

Six: Hot, cold, lukewarm, as long as it's clean.

Torn: It gives Mondays on the Discovery Channel (with repeats throughout the week).

July 27, 2006 10:57 am  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I have one worse. The studs weenie of course retracts about a foot and a half, and it gets really encrusted up in there. Of course, it has to be cleaned out, you guessed it, manually. I worked with horses for a long time. 'nuff said.
Perhaps this explains my advanced Pervosity.

July 27, 2006 12:15 pm  
Blogger Earl said...

I had a discussion recently with someone telling me about a person who cleans a major Toronto bathhouse for a living.

The stories they had we DISTURBING!

I don't think BRAVO would air them.

July 27, 2006 4:03 pm  
Blogger S said...

Daniel: Ew. Crusty.

Earl: Ew. Slimey.

July 27, 2006 11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home