I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Promotion by proxy

Recently, I got a promotion in the worst possible way: Because of a serious injury to one of my co-workers (who I really like), I have his roster of clients (in addition to my own) and am now the director on two of them.

But, there are a few good points to come out of this: I was promoted in three months; I can tell people "no" (and direct them); and my status in the city's social calendar has my schedule booked for the next several months.

The bad parts include: The new position wasn't earned, but due to someone else's hospital stay and recovery plan; I don't get extra money; I have to research client information due to my co-worker lack of filing skills.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to pretend to work...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sh@ney said...

Are you beating up on your co-workers Steven...:P

If you really like him the way to go is be nice, not get rough.

Oh maybe I mis-read that...*pokes tongue*

Mmmmmm get back to work! Naughty Boy!

June 09, 2008 3:19 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

If you didn't cause your co-worker's you've got nothing to feel guilty about.

Congratulations on the "promotion." Seriously, they could've hired someone off the street instead.

June 09, 2008 7:11 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I got my job because the person who got "injured" never returned. I went from temp to perm right away.

Now, if only someone higher up would get "injured"...

June 09, 2008 9:35 am  
Blogger Volker said...

Congradulations! Taking the good with the bad into account, it all looks good on a resume. You never know what skills you learn (of find you have that you didn't know about) that will prove useful in the future. - Volker

June 09, 2008 10:01 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

congratulations!!

June 09, 2008 2:45 pm  
Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Wait. No extra pay? Are you going to go postal on them?

June 12, 2008 7:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home