I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Swag hag

Even though the film festival is coming to a close on Saturday, there are plenty of memories that will remain. Most of them entail the goodie bags that I have accumulated from going to a series of parties throughout TIFF.

Unlike the celebrities who make their rounds at various events (for approximately five minutes each) so they can leave with a stash of stuff, I go to events because I want to eat and drink for free. Of course, having celebrities around me only makes them more fabulous.

The loot can be quite good. There are items that can be quite pricey if purchased retail. But sometimes, though, it's just a magazine and a card saying a donation was made in your honour for some wacko charity (i.e. Save The Dandelions) no one has heard of.

To be quite honest, there is a lot of stuff that I don't need or want. There are only so many pairs of $500 of Blahniks I can hold onto without becoming a selfish hoarder. And I really don't need all that MAC makeup, Armani clothes, Prada handbags, and weekend trips to Mykanos. I've got my own, thankyouverymuch.

So, I do what any sane person would do: I go online and sell my stash.

There's no better way to clean out your closets and making some extra cash along the way. And, since I don't want these things, at least they'll find their way into the homes of those who do. It's win-win.

But, I'm keeping the diamonds because I'll never know when they'll come in handy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

me luvs me sum hag with swag!

September 12, 2008 12:52 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

??? Fag Hag ????

I can hardly wait.

September 12, 2008 12:46 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

You know, Christmas is coming, so...

September 12, 2008 3:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home