I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, July 01, 2005

It's like ice cream

The horoscope section of the newspaper is always good for a moment of introspection (and a couple of laughs). After scanning for your sign and reading what the stars have to say, you start to reflect on the past few days, or start to wonder what the future has in store for you.

Not wanting to oversimplify what my horoscope says, but it goes something like, You'll find that you will be falling in a way you never expect and when you fall, you fall hard.

Great. Falling hard. Another complication in my life. No matter how many times I try to feel Zen, simplification never happens. It's so frustrating.

Sadly, the horoscope is partially on the mark. I am starting to fall. A little. Why do I feel this way? When I think of you, a smile washes across my lips. Sometimes a smirk replaces the smile. So it seems, it's all about the mouth.

It's like ice cream on a sunny day, just melting through my fingers.
How I like your sugar sweetness, how it always seems to linger...

Why am I doing this dance? One step forward, one step back, one to the left and one to the right. Always ending up in the same place. I never get anywhere.

What is wrong with this picture? It's summer. The sun is out and the weather is hot. This time of the year is all about fun. Shouldn't I be having fun? Should I just shut up and enjoy the flavour?

I'm tired of horoscopes. And, I'm hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home