I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Flippin' Farrah

Money is worthless if it isn't well spent. The same can be said for time. Hours are wasted when people do nothing - whether it be staring at the wall, or at a computer screen. Once it's gone, it's gone.

However, some people hold onto time as if it's going out of style.

After a long week at work, I wait in line for too long - swaying with impatience. I look at those who are doing the same: only a few indiscriminate people that wouldn't arouse anyone's attention. But, standing directly ahead of me is a woman who catches my eye.

She's a creature of the times - the 70's, to be exact.

My eyes run up and down her body, which is in pretty good shape for someone in their late 40's. Toned arms and not a touch of fat on those thighs. The body ain't bad. What is bad are her styling choices.

She's wearing a tight, black tank top and equally tight, black jeans. Tapered, naturally. Her hair is long, cut in several layers and feathered. The shallacking of Aqua Net doesn't allow it to move. It's a living reincarnation of Farrah, circa Charlie's Angels.

Fortunately, I didn't get a look at her shoes. If she was wearing a pair of high-tops, swear to God, there would be an style intervention.

Why do I have to stand behind her, silently performing a drastic makeover in my mind? Why did she leave the house looking like that?

There are a few reasons, many of which involve cheap booze, but only one psychological one.

Those who get stuck in a style groove, are recalling a happier time in their lives. They were young, carefree and probably in love... or when they thought they were a hot piece of ass. Sure, her ass looks pretty good, but the rest of the package should've been returned to the store - with, or without a receipt.

It's not fashionable to be stuck in stylin' rut. It's time to let go and move on. Don't hold onto the past, especially when it was so fuckin' ugly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dagnabit!!!!! I THOUGHT that was you, behind me in line. :-)

October 28, 2005 5:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home