I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, November 25, 2005

White bread people

Taking a few minutes from my weekend to review online job postings, my eyes scan past many listings that don't relate to me, or my experience.

That is, until one jumps out at me like the shark in Jaws - all encompassing with a mouth full of teeth.

It looks perfect. The description fits my wants and my needs - not to mention my experience.

Then, I read the contact info...

It's the position I've already applied for at my work.

They've posted the job I interviewed for twice and didn't even mention they were going outside the company to look for other applicants.

Interesting.

When I first came in for an interview, they told me I was the perfect candidate for the job, although no job was available at that time. When there was an opening, I applied for the job and they were impressed with my experience, my drive and my passion for the work.

But, they decided to offer the positions to white bread people because I was too experienced, driven and passionate.

Apparently, my company believes me to be a tad too flavourful for their delicate palates.

Well, fuck them. Let them have their white bread people.

I'm a little more rye, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

The job wasn't posted in the paper, but in a national job search Website.

But, I don't care.

I don't need/want them.

They're losing out on a good thing.

November 26, 2005 12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home