I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Eye candy

Whenever I have meetings, I feel it is my duty to dress appropriately. A tailored suit, crisp dress shirt, black shoes and belt. Never wear brown shoes and belt for a professional tête-à-tête - too casual.

The look is nothing special, but it’s simple and classic.

As I run from one meeting to another, I stop by my friends' workplace for a surprise. She’s busy, but she takes a few seconds out of her day to greet me. The first words out of her mouth shock me.

“God, Steven. You look fabulous!”

Really? Me? Nah! Can’t be.

Being someone who take compliments with a grain of salt, my response is, “Uh, yeah. Ummm. Yeah. Thanks?

She takes a step back and gives me the once over. From the expression on her face, she likes what she sees. The woman has taste. Maybe she’s onto something.

All it takes is one compliment. From there, things change. My shoulders curve back, my back arches, my left arm swings (the other is holding my briefcase), and there is a bounce in my step. My posture dictates attitude. Confidence.

With some free time on my hands, I do a little shopping/shoplifting. As I walk around one store, I notice a set of eyes follow me. This piece of eye candy must like what it sees. Only what I don’t realize is that I’m the candy.

Just a few steps away, another set of eyes follows my movements. This time the eyes belong to a nicer package. And, you don’t to wait until Christmas to unwrap this gift.

All of this head-snapping behaviour makes me wonder: Could this be due to the fact that I am wearing a suit? The suit begat a compliment. From the compliment came attitude. The attitude creates confidence. And, the confidence compels a sense of attraction.

Sure, whatever.

Eye candy. Tasty and sweet. Low in calories and carbs. And, I always though I was a big and fat, hunkin’ piece of pork.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatsthebuzz, you only say that in anticipation. A well dressed, handsome man is not typically seen 'round these parts.

I concur with the big fat WHAT? I have never once associated you with pork, used as a noun. As a verb..............? nother story.

Am I allowed to say that?

December 10, 2005 10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home