I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hurt me baby one more time

Back in elementary school, children would hurt others they liked by pinching, pushing, kicking and cussing them out in the yard or in the classroom.

Those jabs were signs of affection; the I think you're cute of the Crayola set.

Personally, I liked to get hurt. It meant someone liked me.

Nowadays, things are a little different. Sort of.

These rituals change as children mature into adults, although some adults continually enjoy being hurt. They have been preconditioned to associate love with pain - S&M of relationships.

And, I am one of those people.

Recently, I sent an e-mail to someone. It was a sign of weakness. It was an act of desperation.

If you're still interested...

Unlike the playground, this time there was no pinching, pushing, kicking and cussing.

There was no interest. There was no answer, at all.

Some people change, and others don't.

I will be hurt once again, and I will still come back for more.

3 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Gotta risk getting hurt, or nothing will ever advance, right?

It took me until my 20's to realize people didn't like the pinching, tripping, and scaring. (I was still giving affection through pain.)

April 03, 2006 7:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree: you have to be willing to get burned sometimes to go after what you want. Playing it safe is boring...uhh, but please always have safe sex!

April 03, 2006 5:32 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

That sucks. But maybe the person you e-mailed just wasn't around to respond. I know I have certainly been busy of late. Perhaps the same applied to said e-mailee.

Let's hope so anyway.

April 04, 2006 1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home