I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Put your Ginch on to get your Gonch off

On a recent episode of Fashion File, the producers of the show followed the creator of the Ginch Gonch underwear brand to South America for their photoshoot of next season’s line.

They showed where the product is made, how it’s made and by whom, the models, photographer, hair and makeup, and production people. Everyone is young, pretty, tan and impossibly thin.

When it’s time to shoot the campaign, the models frolic around parts of the land in various pairs of tanks, t-shirts, and of course, underwear. What’s even more surprising is most shots entail the models wearing nothing at all.

Does anyone see the irony of being naked to sell clothes? No? Ok.

With my interest peaked in this brand, I logged onto their site and check out some of the merchandise. There was nothing special about their product: children-style underwear for adults. What was special were their prices.

Maybe it’s just me, but I find it a bit crazy to spend so much money on an article of clothing that no one sees (unless you’re an underwear model, or stripper, which in some countries is considered to be the same thing).

Thirty bucks for a pair of cotton underwear? And, that doesn’t include postage and handling, and any applicable taxes (15% in Canada). That's not sexy.

Or, maybe I’m just a cheap bastard, since I come from the old-school ways of living where underwear came three to a pack and cost less than $10. Now that’s sexy.

Crazy or cheap, either way, I shouldn’t complain because no one hardly gets to see my underwear... and I don’t wear them that often.

3 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Unless you're incontinent, underwear is kinda useless in the summer.

June 09, 2006 10:57 am  
Blogger S said...

Finally, someone who agrees with me.

Of course, I still hear my mother's voice in my head saying, "You'll never know when you're in an accident and the doctors have to take off your pants and you have nothing underneath."

Like they haven't seen a naked guy before.

June 09, 2006 12:13 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

I actually saw some of those Ginch/Gonch/whatever shorts. They're actually a very heavyweight material, so once in them, you are PACKED in. I would think that unless you had a pretty big piece, it would hold you pretty close and not show off too much.

June 12, 2006 9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home