I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Going down the wrong path

So many people are disillusioned when dating because they have to go down a lot of wrong paths before finding the "right one." Unfortunately, there are millions who are always on the wrong path, and disappointed (not to mention “shocked”) with the amount of X's they leave behind.

So, why do they have a bad sense of direction?

Simply put, they read the signs along the road, and when they do, they ignore them. Someone who treats you like shit today, won't treat you any better tomorrow.

It’s an emotional S&M ride without the whips and chains; they enjoy being emotionally battered. It’s hot. It’s sexy. They think they can change them and make them better, but it doesn’t happen. Yet, they remain seated. There’s an invested interest. Too much time spent.

Is it me, but what ever happened to liking the boy or girl next door? You know who I’m talking about? Come on, you must. Right?

They’re the ones who love you and support you. They’re the ones who put up with your foibles and emotional gaffes. They’re the ones who take you back after you cheated on them with the wrong kind of boy/girl (ok, so maybe they’re a little stupid, too).

So, why are so many people lost when it comes to dating? Did they lose their compass, or something?

10 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

I'm the boy next door..but I'm not taking you back.

Okay, one more time....

January 24, 2007 7:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen...

January 24, 2007 7:36 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

No whips and chains? I am out!

January 24, 2007 8:46 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Because sometimes the boy next door is a dork and not someone you find interesting.

January 24, 2007 9:11 am  
Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

And the chemistry has to be right. I can't be untrue to myself if I'm not getting the butterflies and all that majical stuff called love, even if the other person loves me and will do everything for me and is the perfect match. No chemistry is the Universe's way of saying, "he's not the one." I believe there are a multitude of people out there for each and every one of us. I go by the saying "instead of looking for Mr. Right, try BEING Mr. Right. If you believe it, it will happen.

January 24, 2007 9:46 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i love the boy next door and dorks; geek chic is my favorite.

January 24, 2007 11:10 am  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Is there really only one "right one". I think there are lots...I mean there are over six billion people on earth. Dont tell me you are only compatible with one person!

January 24, 2007 7:10 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Unfortunately, there are millions who are always on the wrong path, and disappointed (not to mention “shocked”) with the amount of X's they leave behind.

Many of these people end up settling. Then, I'm convinced they turn into the "happy people with boring personalities" you wrote about last week. They're obviously delusional.

January 24, 2007 9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to comment since I spent most of my gay life with one guy. Turned out he was one of those fuck-you-over types, but I didn't quite realize it, I guess.

BUT... People do often make the link that a basically decent kind and maybe even attractive person is somehow a crappy lover. Want hot sex, date the asshole. I personally think that's bullshit. There's plenty of assholes who suck in the sack, and pretty decent people who are firecrackers in bed.

But, that's just the stereotype people live with, I guess.

Now, on the "investment" issue - yeah, I think you're right on the ball there.

January 24, 2007 10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard it said , and seen it in action that some people put no differentiation betwen good and or bad attention..after all either one is still attention. Some people put up with the bad because for some reason or another they don't feel they are "good enough" for the good attention.

January 25, 2007 12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home