I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, January 15, 2007

You can't afford me

Ever since the city council cleaned up the filth that was downtown, they inadvertently moved everything where I live. Panhandlers, drug pushers and addicts, and Jehovah's Witnesses have become part of the environment.

What’s worse is you see women of the night in the daytime. Everywhere.

**

While I’m going up to the local corner store to get some milk, I see her standing on the sidewalk.

She shifts her weight, back and forth, on a pair of old heels. Her balance is off, like she’s been drinking on the job. She looks worse for wear: her clothes are tight, trashy and made with strategic bits of Velcro, and her makeup and hair need a good washing with an industrial-strength cleaner.

Looking at her in a glance, she’s probably in her early 30s, but her face manages to give the appearance that it’s familiar with the days of disco.

“Looking for a good time?” she asks when I come within listening distance.

“You can’t afford me,” I say as I walk past her.

I don’t wait for her reaction and I don’t care what it is. Her expression is one of shock; not because of my comeback, but for the fact that I am a bigger whore than she is.

When I come back from the store, she's still in the same spot. She doesn't bother asking me the same question, again.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bitch!

January 15, 2007 12:36 am  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Ouch. Harsh. :P

January 15, 2007 1:33 am  
Blogger Mike said...

Best. Response. Ever.

January 15, 2007 6:26 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

haha! classic! I love it!

January 15, 2007 8:02 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

roflmao...Love it!


My suburb is right in the heart of the 38 sexual assaults on women in the past 12 months & they are yet to catch the perps...I thought it was a decent neighbourhood, but alas I was proven wrong..

January 15, 2007 9:18 am  
Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

I love it.

January 15, 2007 9:36 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

You're not a whore. You're a private dancer. A dancer for money ...

January 15, 2007 10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was harsh, even for you. Harsh, but funny nonetheless. But wait, you're a whore? I thought you were just a slut. There's a difference, you know.

January 15, 2007 12:08 pm  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

I thought you were describing me there for a minute. But I'm out West, so it couldn't be. Could it?

January 15, 2007 5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO!!! That was me asshole. You're never gonna get your belated birthday gift at this rate. And excuuuuuuuse me but these are Donna Karan pumps baby, not the one's you've usually got shoved under your bed. Ahem!
kb

January 15, 2007 5:08 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

My god, that WAS you. I knew it!
Seriously,what is it with you and me? I had a chick tryin' to get in my pants about a month ago. I finally had to ask her "So, what would a gay man do with YOU?". And that went over pretty well. Needless to say, she didn't get to have my pecker that night.

January 15, 2007 5:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Have to remember that one.

January 16, 2007 8:43 am  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

still being mean to your mom, eh?

January 16, 2007 4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home