I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Meh-ry Christmas

Every Christmas that my family spends together is always a memorable occasion… especially due to the drama.

But, this year nothing. And, if there was something, it was quickly extinguished like a small grease fire (which would never happen because my mother doesn’t do grease fires in her kitchen – too much cleanup).

Oh, how I miss those days of yore…

Gone are the prickly personalities invited over for dinner.
Gone are the false fronts put upon by the hosts and invitees.
Gone are the finicky eaters with overly-refined palates.
Gone are the one-sided conversations of the ignorant and/or ill-informed.
Gone are the alcohol-induced loosening of lips of husbands and wives.
Gone are the petty fights between the liquored-up people from above.
Gone are the plastic smiles and poses in the photos.
Gone are the “I always wanted this!” series of lies when opening presents.

Gone is the fun.

Here’s hoping for the shit hitting the fan next year.

Meh-ry Christmas, one and all.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

They must have all come to my in-laws for Christmas this year! LOL!

December 27, 2006 6:07 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Here's hoping that next year's holiday is a gas.

Oh wait, you had that this year too, didn't you?

December 27, 2006 9:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. In this case, IMO, missing it doesn't mean it's bad that it was gone :)

Hey, at least you guys HAD a Christmas. Everyone down here was so out of it cause it was like Fall, and the Christmas spirit was on sabbatical.

I'm happy things were relatively sedate for you this year, even if you're not ;)

December 27, 2006 9:42 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

no drama? what a waste!

December 27, 2006 11:15 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Boo hoo. No trouble or BS. Damn. As you already know, the shit did, indeed, hit the fan at my Christmas gathering. Here's hoping next year is filled with more drama. I could ship some over to you.

December 27, 2006 2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shit hit'eth the fan before Christmas over here...And it is still firing from all agles...

December 27, 2006 5:34 pm  
Blogger S said...

It's not that I LOVE drama at Christmas, but when it's been around for 25-plus years, it feels strange when it's gone.

December 27, 2006 11:33 pm  
Blogger Pablo said...

No more drama in my life....

December 28, 2006 8:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the everyone in my family is trying to get mentally healthy...there isn't any juice to blog about. That fucking sucks. I guess it's up to me to make some drama so I can have a bit of blog fodder.
Hugs,
kb
Stop staring at my tits

December 28, 2006 11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No drama is always best.

December 28, 2006 3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Jason's comments.

Drama free is how it ought to be.

December 28, 2006 11:53 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

it's a lot of work, isn't it?

December 29, 2006 12:07 am  
Blogger Trev said...

God knows I was exhausted just from WAITING for the drama to fall about my head like unexpected lightning strikes. But up it never showed. Everybody was polite, well-behaved, tolerant, moved on in life, and/or dead. Now don't get me wrong; I don't exactly MISS the days when Mother would fling the gravy boat at Dad because he was on the phone to his mistress planning their tropical getaway fling while the turkey was being carved, but it certainly DID make life a little more interesting....now I listen to three year old nephews recite the more epic adventures of Dora the Explorer. Sigh. Thank God for Stolis, or I'd have gone mad.

Trev

December 29, 2006 9:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine was relativley calm too, but I didnt have to deal with Family either so..there you have it.
Here's wishing you a big crap load of drama for next Christmas! Hope 2007 is full of happines and sucess for you !!

December 29, 2006 9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home