I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pummel that horse

Watching gymnastics on TV can be an interesting venture. While these lycra-clad athletes are running, flipping, and twisting themselves in almost impossible combinations, my mind begins to wander about the human form.

And, I'm not even mentioning how their drool-worthy bodies make action heroes/heroines weep.

Unfortunately, gymnasts don’t get enough credit for their talents. It’s hard. The strains and injuries take a toll on them.

Unlike basketball, baseball, football or - for the Canucks - hockey players, how many of them are going to use the uneven bars, or the rings in their daily life?

Personally, I'd love to see a football player attempt to do a flip over the pummel horse, but he never will; people play sports, they don't play gymnastics.

Although some of them may become coaches, that rarely happens. If they’re fortunate to win an Olympic medal (gold, if possible), they may find themselves on a Wheaties box, have a couple of endorsement deals, and land a job as a commentator on NBC sports.

And if they’re really fortunate (and hot), they’d land on the cover of Maxim, or in an A&F calander.

Anyway, nobody really watches televised gymnastics, but I’d love to see someone to a run-and-tumble down the aisle of a grocery store, to get from one end to the other.

Now, that would be something I wouldn’t mind watching on TV.

6 Comments:

Blogger madamerouge said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tC-GONn4II

December 20, 2006 12:53 am  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I agree. Gymnasts are very much athletes who have little chance at glory. I think their athleticism far exceeds that of football or basketball players.

I enjoy watching gymnastics and it has nothing to do with the tight lycra, form-fitting, endowment-exposing, leaving-nothing-to-the-imagination...[drool] -- or at least, not much. :)

Actually, although I sucked at everything athletically, one of the few things that I enjoyed in high school gym class was our brief time doing (or for me attempting to do) gymnastics.

December 20, 2006 6:33 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I play gymnast.......on occaision.

December 20, 2006 8:31 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I like gymnasts. They taste yummy.

December 20, 2006 9:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like a lot of sports, it's only watched at the olympics and that's it.

December 20, 2006 9:52 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Yup, certainly one of the (many?) underrated sports. But, my god man, can't we at least just go with the lycra-muscles-beautiful thighs-huge chest thing for a minute or two before we get down to the real intent of your post?

December 20, 2006 7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home