I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring smells like pee

Spring is finally here in the northern hemisphere and I couldn't be happier. The days are longer, the sun is coming out and melting the remnants of snow, the weather is - marginally - warmer, and you want to be outside because you want to be, not because you have to be.

When I open my window on a sunny, Sunday morning, I let a small breeze flow through the crack and flutter my sheers in the air. The air is still a little crisp, but it feels like the change of the season.

After a few minutes of sitting in my room, it hits me: the smell. What the hell is that smell? Where is that smell coming from? It's not me, because I showered last night before going to bed and I know I didn't mess myself in the meantime. It's pungent and I make the Renee Zellweger face.

Now, I know where it's coming from: outside.

With the defrosting of the ice and melting of the snow, all that was left below is starting to bake in the sun. All the shit that was hard is now soft, and with shit comes piss. Thankfully, it's from animals and not my neighbours.

Still, I have to shut the window because I don't want my bedroom to smell like spring. And pee.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing how you can turn something which is as glorious as spring, when finally its warm enough so that men can go outside without their shirts on, into something that I really didn't want to know about. LOL!

Happy Pee season, Steven.

April 07, 2008 1:17 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

The amount of dog shit being unveiled around here is amazing. I stepped in it twice yesterday. Ugh.

April 07, 2008 7:12 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

yeah. its nasty!

April 07, 2008 10:32 am  
Blogger dit said...

"It's pungent and I make the Renee Zellweger face." too funny.

April 07, 2008 7:41 pm  
Blogger R said...

Ahh - the joys of living in the south - nothing is ever frozen so we have no surprises in the spring.

April 07, 2008 10:44 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

Actually, I snuck into your room last night and peed on your carpet. Sorry.

April 07, 2008 11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the odeur of Spring. Lovely. Poetic.
Interesting blog, by the way.

April 08, 2008 5:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home