I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I'm a threat to your relationship

For years, I have always been a threat to those who are coupled. For some reason, one partner (the one that I am not closer to) latches onto the other one (the one I am closer to – usually a close friend) and doesn’t let go, as if I am going to steal him/her away.

Do I really give the impression I’m going to take him/her away from you? Believe me, I won’t; I’m not that kind of guy.

But, why is that? Why do they act that way when I’m around?

To put it in its simplest form: insecurity.

Place one singleton in a room full of couples and there will inevitably be one person who will feel like I’ll come in and swipe their partner from them. Throw in a history (like that of long-term friendship), and it gets worse. It’s as if an imagined competition forms in the head of the insecure partner and me.

It’s true that for some, it’s a challenge, a game. I couldn’t be bothered with a challenge like that. As for games, I’d rather stick to Monopoly or Solitaire.

And, there’s nothing I can do about it but pretend there’s nothing going on with me and my friend.

So, go home to your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever. I’ll try not to steal them away from you.

4 Comments:

Blogger about a boy said...

i really dont find these relationship games fun. im glad im not alone.

i much prefer scrabble.

April 01, 2008 9:31 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

Why couldn't it be that your irresistable, charming, funny & an all round nice guy!!!
By the way have you been to my other blog yet?
Hmmmmm http://lgbtbloggers.blogspot.com
Your on there!...:P
hugs my friend...xox

April 01, 2008 10:26 am  
Blogger Doghigh said...

When people are that terminally insecure about their S.O.'s friends there is no other path but "crash and burn" for that relationship. And you're right...it isn't your problem and there is nothing you can do.

Well, except stop being so Hot.

April 01, 2008 1:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just might be because you are so stunningly handsome and sexy that they feel that their significant other might decide to leave him for you...??

April 02, 2008 2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home