I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Picking on my lips

A caricaturist focuses on a part of a person’s face and exaggerates it in his/her drawing. That’s pretty much the same with my younger niece, only she doesn’t draw faces, she grabs them.

For my father, she reaches for his nose. For my mother, it’s her jowls. When it comes to me, it’s my lips. Sometimes she pulls so hard with her pointy nails, she removes bits of skin from my lips, making them bleed. Her older sister was the same when she was smaller, as are other babies.

I think the reason why they attract those young hands is because they’re colourful and full and resemble a stuffed animal they might have in their toy box. But, I don’t want my lips to look like something that comes with a tag sewed on its ass, or the ones found on Mr. Potato Head.

When I was young, they were small (and pouty). As I’ve grown, they became an impediment of sorts – too large and always getting in the way of my other facial features. My face is composed of other features, the last time I checked.

I’m probably just picking on my lips because they’re a source of contention: other people like them (and the things they do) while I don’t.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doghigh said...

When I first looked at this instead of seeing "(and pouty)" I saw "(and poultry)" but I digress...

Enjoy those smackers honey cuz I'd pay good money to have a li'l bit o' that...

June 11, 2008 2:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem... people tell me that I appear to be pouting and posing all the time. I simply reply, "That's just the way I look... get over it."

June 11, 2008 3:08 pm  
Blogger dit said...

Appreciate your lips. Many do not have any and go to great lengths to get them. Stick them out and be proud!

June 11, 2008 8:26 pm  
Blogger R said...

It may seem odd, but lips are one of the first features I notice on a guy - possibly with the hope that I will one day be kissing them.

Real lips = kissable

No lips = not kissable (at least sober)

Celebrate your full lips!

June 11, 2008 11:07 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

There was a wise philosopher who once said: "Until I learned to love myself, I was never ever lovin' anybody else."

What she was saying is that you should learn to love your big-ass pillowy lips. Madonna compels you! They're actually quite eye-catching, in a good way, and they sit next to your teeth, which are both whiter and straighter than you - ha ha.

All together it's an attractive grouping and you should really learn to appreciate it. :-)

June 12, 2008 5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am the bearer of really full lips for a man. One day I was sitting at a bar and this guys comes up to me and says,
"you're k$%@ right?"
"Yes. What can I do for you?" I say.
"My friends and I want to know something and I'm the only one with the balls to ask."
"Ok, shoot" I say.
"Have you had your lips done?"
Slightly amused and shocked all at the same time, I chuckle and say,
"Yes. Twice since 2006"
Point of my story. Embrace it. Plenty of boys love it as I'm sure you know. ;)

June 13, 2008 4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home