I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Thick and thin of it

Back in the day, when I was young(er), my body type was that of a fuller-figure. There were stomachs with rolls, thighs that rubbed together, and breasts that should've belonged on a 12-year-old girl. If someone needed a wall in dodgeball, I was it. But, it wasn't the body that interested people, physically.

So, the weight moved around my body (I still weigh the same as I did when I was 12) and people started to notice me. There's still some thickness intact, but it's not seen by the general public. Unfortunately, it wasn't always in the way I wanted them to. Now, instead of listening to comments on my fitness, I get remarks about my thinness.

It's lose-lose.

No one wanted to get with a chubby kid and no one wants to get with a toned young(ish) man. First I was too fat, now I'm too thin. There's no middle ground, and if there is a middle ground, then you're considered to be average. What the fuck is up with that? You can never please everyone all of the time, half of the time, or never (which isn't even a guarantee).

Of course, I can always say that I'm doing this for me, but that's not true. If it as up to me, I'd watch my ass grow exponentially while sitting on the couch, eating bon-bons and watching Y&R. I thought this is what everyone wanted of me. Turns out, it's not.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand this one. I have always been thin and have felt many times just as discriminated against as those that are fat. I have been lucky that I have found partners in my life who were ok with me being thin. Gay expectations are a waste of time and I don't want to be with someone who thinks I am too thin or too anything for that matter.

September 15, 2008 2:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

thick or thin, i think is all in how you present and carry yourself...

September 15, 2008 7:27 am  
Blogger Franciscus van Munster said...

Who cares what other people think, anyway? As long as you're happy with how you look. And no matter what you look like, there will always be people that are totally into you (take it from a fellow thin man)

September 15, 2008 12:02 pm  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Thin ha! I am bones under skin and I agree that people treat us not so well. I think for a guy to be really thin is almost as bad as a girl that is a little too fat, I think it is hard for thin guys whether straight or gay as women often gave me the nastiest comments. However what everyone said is true, the person for you will not care about that, besides you are hot, I'm not saying that as a friend but as a horny gay guy! ;)

September 15, 2008 1:51 pm  
Blogger Brettcajun said...

I have the same pressures. When I am thicker, my friends say I am "Pudgey". When I am toned, they say I am too thin. I have now successfully squashed all talk about my weight. I explain that I am an athlete playing tennis 3-5 times a week. Even when they laugh, I explain that I'd much rather be an athlete than a "boozehound". That shuts them up and puts the insecurity back on them! ;)

September 15, 2008 2:55 pm  
Blogger Gavin said...

If you're anything close to your pic on the blog, you're damn near perfect!

September 15, 2008 3:16 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Hurrah for thin boys.

Seriously, you have a great body (from what I see lol). You're not too thin. Though, I suppose that's why all the young guys go for you; you're non-threatening at your current weight, but have the wallet of an decently-employed man.

September 15, 2008 10:53 pm  
Blogger Superchilled said...

Do you know anyone who thinks they're 'just right' in terms of fitness, fatness, thinness or goodlookingness? I don't. Even the cutest people think they have some imperfection, which generally in fact makes them cuter while they contemplate going under the knife to correct it.

Everyone has their preferences, but I say bugger them, be who you most feel like being - and be happy in that skin. It's the happiness that will draw people to you more than the anatomical conformation.

September 16, 2008 12:27 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

When someone says "You're too thin" what he is actually saying is "I wish I was as thin as you are."

September 16, 2008 10:09 am  
Blogger TED said...

Zillions of guys go for thin guys with thick cocks. If no one wants to get with you, that's not the reason.

September 16, 2008 11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw your photo on Nakedboychronicles blog and came over here because of it. Man, you are perfect for me! If you're in Miami....

September 16, 2008 5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home