I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Drake Hogestyn is a shitty actor

Intrigue, conflict and suspense are some of the elements required for drama. Soap operas have mastered the art of drama – some better than others (General Hospital rings a bell, time and time again).

Unfortunately, some haven’t mastered the art of acting.

There are some soap operas whose actors are uniformly excellent at portraying a range of emotions, while breathing some life to a character. There are varying degrees to this: There is the “real” type of acting (David Canary) and the “soap opera” type of acting (Susan Lucci), sometimes in the same soap opera - All My Children.

Other times, there are people who you want to boo off your television monitor. They aren’t bad characters. They’re bad actors.

Exhibit A: Drake Hogestyn from Days Of Our Lives.

He takes shitty acting to another level. His plateau peaks the exact moment before he enters a room. It’s so terrible, viewers can practically smell the crap emanating from their TV.

You’d think after being in the same role for over 20 years, he would’ve learned something by now.

Apparently, he hasn’t.

The man has one reaction to everything he says or does. I haven’t seen so much petrified wood since being in the stuck at my cousin’s cottage in the boonies.

For those who watch the show know what I’m talking about.

The way he raises his eyebrow, twists his head sideways, tilts his head to the right, arches one eyebrow (ARGH! that fucking eyebrow!) and the stupid way he mutters “Doc” to Deidre Hall whenever there’s nothing else to say.

Thankfully, I’m not getting into the beaver pelt on his head that he considers hair. That’s another pile I’m saving for a rainy day.

What’s worse, is he has played three (count ‘em, one, two, three) versions of the same character! Roman Brady. John Black. Some other guy who hangs around since the writers have no idea what to do with him. And they’re always Drake Hogestyn!

Fuck, dude. What is up with that?

Let’s hope that when you’re character is finally dead, you’ll be able to bring some life to the role.

Until then, it’s craptacular acting, five days a week, on NBC.

And, speaking of NBC, don’t get me started on Passions

9 Comments:

Blogger S said...

And, I thought I was the only person who (unfortunately) watches the show and thinks that.

Now, my only problem is with me watching Days Of Our Lives...

January 05, 2006 11:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that I watch it too - and I agree. He's a wretched excuse for an actor. I call his trademark look the "I think I left my oven on" eyebrow dance.

It ain't good.

January 06, 2006 9:40 am  
Blogger S said...

"I think I left my oven on..."

Now that's priceless.

January 06, 2006 10:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I'm embarassed to watch it too. However, can we talk about the fact that in every stupid scene he has to drink a cup of something, then he makes that lip smacking noise? Oh, and don't forget the heaving nose breathing. Dude, that KILLS me. I CAN'T STAND HIM! He's so gross.

January 26, 2006 11:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you all are a bunch of jerk. Drake Hogestyn is AMAZING! acting on days is far better than anything on all my children and the chemistry between deidre and drake is priceless.

October 18, 2009 11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure about anyone else but If I though somebody was a bad actor I wouldnt be making a blogg about them.

You know nothing about acting obviously because Drake have proven time and time again what a good actor he is.

this blogg is a pathetic joke and only made to bash Drake.

But thats how it goes when losers have way too much time on their hand.

February 20, 2010 1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao at all u cunts......his breathing is sexy and maybe hes a lil over dramatic but who gives a fuck, its day time tv.....i bet he'd be hot in bed mmmmmm fuck me johnny

June 12, 2010 5:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO...but the "real" Roman Brady is worse! I hate when the Stephano crap comes up...nothing worse than a scene with Roman, John and Abe psychoanalizing Stephano's "ulterior motive". Throw in Marlena as damsel in distress and it's a train wreck... Marlena is great with Will and as a caring friend (actors she can actually play off of and connect with) but Snidely versus the Canadian Mounty's over Nell is painful.... God I'm addicted to this show... Mostly because I love the longtime cast.... Send Bo and Hope on an adventure of their own, let John have an affair (and give Marlena a back-up man like Jennifer's Doctor Fling), and relegate Abe and Roman to the cop-partners-when-you-need-them role... Mix our longtime favorites in with the new cast and integrate them instead of the same old tired relationships... Even Kate with Stephano was more interesting than this..

May 03, 2012 11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed all the lousy comments are from JEALOUS MEN because no way can any one of them top his Georgeous looks . He doesn't have to do anything just be on screen & look like the HOTTEST GUY ALIVE!! Beats Robert Redford & Brad Pitt by a MILE!!!

June 20, 2012 7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home