I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Itch cream

Rap and hip-hop music is beloved by millions, sells countless records, is played around the clock on the radio and TV, and is a part of pop culture.

The male performers are the new definition of strength, and they achieve this by talking about money, power, bling, and putting down women by calling them bitches and ‘hos.

Yet, even with all this (false) machismo, they’re strutting around on stage with a bunch of pumped-up and sweaty men with their pants falling off their asses, bouncing to the baseline, touching themselves and grabbing their crotches (it’s as if they’re comparing who has the bigger glock – and I’m not talking about a gun).

I don’t know about you, but that sounds kinda gay.

Jesus. Throw in a couple of disco balls and you have The White Party.

Does anyone else see the irony? Rap and hip-hop fans are mostly men, who want to look like their buffed and blinged idols, hang with their homies, rollin’ on about how they got their back. If anyone can’t tell how blatantly ‘mo this is, then you’re hopeless and I have nothing more to say to you.

Oh, and the crotch-grabbing thing, there’s a cream you can use for that itch, but it won’t make you any less gay.

3 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Crotch grabbing always makes me think of monkeys. I don't know why.

June 14, 2006 6:04 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I feel the same about a lot of rednecks in these here parts. Tight jeans and wife beaters, handle bar mustaches. If it wasn't for the homophobia, I'd think it was an entire leather-bar town.

June 14, 2006 11:13 am  
Blogger S said...

Torn: Ha. Monkeys.

Six: Do you live near Kevin Federline?

Me: Why do I always want to ask Fiddy Cent if he has change for a dollar?

June 17, 2006 8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home