I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Poo and boogernuggets

With the grave injustices going on in the world today, there doesn’t seem to be a reason for many of us to lighten the mood. In all honesty, there isn’t a reason to.

But, sometimes there are certain instances where a memory triggers a response that can only be described as a case of the giggles.

To me, these triggers are the words poo and boogernuggets.

Why these two words?

They remind me of my youth.

In the time where we were not allowed to use swear words, poo was as R-rated as we could go without getting in trouble from the strict, Catholic schoolmarm. We didn’t want anything rapping at our knuckles.

Today, when I hear an eight-year-old yell out, “Oh my God, he pooed all over the place!” or if a British adult says, "You're such a poo," my lips form a smirk and I begin to giggle.

And, when some kid picked his nose and looked at his dried-up snot, the clusters resembled gold clumps that were tilled in the river - hence, the term boogernuggets.

It was a visual gag that grossed out everyone... especially if that kid ate them.

Ewww.

So, whenever I want to forget about the problems in society and have a little laugh, I think of these two words or say them out loud: poo, boogernuggets.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to use the bog and dig for some treasure.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They make me smirk too....hehehe...

August 29, 2006 7:04 am  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Eeeewwwww! LOL!

We all need a day brightener these days! Thanks!

(BTW - re: your post on dancing. Have you seen the online vid of the US Air Force Academny cadet dancing? DudeTube has it, but it is available via Google video. I saw it this morning and immediately thought of you!)

August 29, 2006 8:04 am  
Blogger S said...

Kelly: Poo makes me giggle. That sounds really wrong...

Lemuel: Hey, laughing is a good thing (and the lazy version of cardio).

August 29, 2006 3:52 pm  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Any scatty or bodily function term tickles me. I still giggle everytime I hear on the news about something going on in Regina.

August 30, 2006 7:56 am  
Blogger S said...

Torn: Regina is a good one, too.

August 30, 2006 4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home