I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Man, he feels like a woman

There he stands in front of me. A Ford model. His body is lean and lanky. Long face with a perfectly-proportioned nose and thin lips. There are blonde highlights in his sandy-coloured hair. His clothes are mostly black, from his pea coat to his tailored trousers.

As I glance down towards the square-toe shoes, I quickly move my eyes back up and notice something odd, something off. Gripped in his hand is a rather large, black object. Not a man bag. Not a shoulder bag. Not a gym bag. None of those. It’s a purse. An honest-to-God woman’s purse.

Being someone who keeps up with the latest fashion trends, I can spot an “It” bag from a mile away. This one is similar to a status bag from Marc Jacobs, shaped like a half-football, with a large zipper on the bottom that conceals any additional objects.

In the past, I have held a purse for a friend, but I’ve never used one. True, I carry my mitchel everywhere I go, but it resembles a mini-satchel, not a full-on lipstick, mascara, compact, wallet, and a couple of tampons-carrying purse.

The Ford model with the long and lanky body, perfectly-proportioned features, and photogenic qualities is just in touch with his feminine side than a lot of women I know.

Note: Too bad I didn't ask if he had an extra Tampax in his purse. That would've made my week.

9 Comments:

Blogger Threnody said...

I've been living downtown way too long to be shocked by a murse anymore.

March 12, 2007 12:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He had to do something to offset all that black testosterone.

March 12, 2007 6:47 am  
Blogger S said...

It wasn't a murse. It was a full-on purse.

Reason why I know is a man-bag has a long strap (at least) and this one had two little handles.

March 12, 2007 9:06 am  
Blogger Threnody said...

There's a difference between a male shoulder-bag and a murse. A murse is a purse carried by a man.

March 12, 2007 9:48 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

And, so, what if he DID have an extra tampon? Then what? You need to come to Portland....we have all kinds here....we have it all and do it all. There's so much cross-over stuff going on...makes it kind of fun! Off to Orlando tonight....dinner with "the group" tomorrow. Yippee!

March 12, 2007 10:07 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i dont own a murse. or a purse. or a 'male shoulder bag.'

all i have is my backpack. i am way behind the fashion times. in fact, i dont think ive gotten an issue since 1988.

March 12, 2007 11:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murse? man-bag? Handles?

No... I'm completely clueless.

And what is this "fashion" you speak of? There's a slot for that on the back of my gay card, but it's not checked off.

March 12, 2007 1:44 pm  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

LOL...I have no idea what people carry on their shoulders these days...There is little between what is masculine & feminine now-a-days to take much notice...But am able to distinguish a purse amongst all else so that would be quite weird to see in the hands of any man....:)

March 12, 2007 8:29 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

So you are not a fan of the man purse? man bag?

March 12, 2007 11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home