I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Foundation is only skin deep

There is a good-looking, hip-dressed guy who commutes on the same train as mine who grabs my attention every time I see him. Why? It’s because of his skin; specifically, it’s because of the appearance of his skin.

While most people have a white pallour during the cold months of winter, he manages to have a bit too much colour on his face. And, I know why. He uses foundation, and it’s not well applied. Whether he uses L’Oréal or Lancôme, it doesn’t matter. It looks awful.

The colour does not have the tone of someone who frequents the tanning salon, or of someone who knows his way around a self-tanner. It’s not orange, but a shade of dusty-rose.

In all honesty, I used a little bit of foundation to cover up a bad pimple in my early teens. But, it didn’t last for long. The foundation brought more attention to the bump on my face (because it was the wrong shade). So, instead of walking around with the perception of perfect skin, the only thing you’d see was a pinkish mark on my mug.

It’s going to be hard not to stare at him when we pass by each other, especially since I just found out he works in the same building as I do, just below me.

Fuck.

Update: Today, I almost stuck out my finger and dragged it down his cheek to see if it smudges.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a train wreck... you just can't help but look.

March 05, 2007 11:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slip him a picture of Tammy Faye Bakker WhateverHerLastNameIsThisWeek. Maybe that will be a wake up call.

March 06, 2007 5:55 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Foundation. I don't get it. What's wrong with the winter reality? We look pasty and white. So what?

March 06, 2007 7:33 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Maybe you can give him your eyeliner and mascara. Perhaps he just needs a little MORE makeup?

March 06, 2007 9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a guy in my gym who gets completely made up when he's done...foundation powder, blush, little eye shadow, everything...
his foundation's a touch too light for his skin, too...I want to ask TEH GAYS when they get makeup if they're smart enough to match their skin tone.
(by the way, cool: the first part of my word verification for this post is gnaw)

March 06, 2007 1:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it! I totally support you dragging a finger down his cheek.....but only if you wipe it off on his white jacket afterwards.

March 06, 2007 1:17 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

i double dog dare you to do it!

both of my exes wore foundation. ugh. ive never touched the stuff.

March 06, 2007 1:30 pm  
Blogger Threnody said...

I've worn eye makeup on a few occasions. But my boyfriend at the time, a cosmetician, did it for me. And it looked pretty damn good, I must say. Just a little glam :)

March 06, 2007 1:33 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

"Stuck your finger out".....oh, that sounds naughty. And on the train, besides! But I do like it when you say fuck.

March 06, 2007 2:40 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Are you riding the train with Austin Scarlett?

March 06, 2007 5:22 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

men and make up..turn off!!! Nothing like natural oily skin!

March 06, 2007 7:53 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

Ugh...gross. What happened to the good old days when it was acceptable for men to be ugly?

March 06, 2007 11:31 pm  
Blogger alexsander said...

ahh how sad! he probably believes that he looks flawless, maybe he needs someone like you to tell him that his foundation is not the right one.

I have never used foundation, I could never match my skin color under the terrible store lights, plus I have facial hair so I will look like a cheap drag queen haha

but I use : Jean Paul Gaultier's bronze and its awesome, nobody cant tell that I am wearing it :) and its made for men, so I dont feel too gay covering it my face with it haha

March 07, 2007 8:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This totally reminds of the seen in Bird Cage when the son does just that and wipes Robin Williams makeup on the wall. Robin only says, "we just had the walls sponged".
You should use a spoon or a credit card to scrape down his face. That would be ever so more dramatic.
kb

March 09, 2007 10:56 am  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

Shit. *putting down my viva glam compact*

I thought I looked nice.

March 09, 2007 8:59 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

LOL - that's terrible! You should leave the poor guy alone!!! :P

March 12, 2007 11:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home