I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Magnetic personalites

Magnets need a positive and a negative side to attract one another. When there are two like sides (either positive, or negative), they repel one another. Oddly, the repulsion is stronger than the attraction.

In a way, magnets can be similar to people.

For example, take two people with the same wants, needs and desires. But, they're too similar, and in turn, end up repulsing each other. What was once attraction, is now repulsion. A relationship is fractured. While they can get close, their like “charges” force them to stay apart.

There are two bodies with one shared motherfucker of a conflict. They know you too well because they're - another version of - you. You can't win a fight because they know every move, and even I want to have something hidden away just in case I'll need it for the divorce proceedings.

If one could only flip one person around for the laws of attraction to work effectively. Maybe opposites do attract. It's just too bad people aren't magnets.

7 Comments:

Blogger Threnody said...

The ex and I were pretty much exact opposites, except for both being nice and generous. It worked pretty well, except for the times that it didn't. I think it's nice to have someone who complements you, who's strong where you're weak and weak where you're strong.

February 22, 2007 12:37 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

For what it's worth, I am so attracted to you!

xoxo

February 22, 2007 12:54 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

that was rather cryptic

February 22, 2007 6:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the opposites attract theory... I like your post today by the way, comparing people to magnets and all... My current relationship is one of opposites attract, while we are different in many ways, we tend to feed off of each others different needs... sometimes it can be rough, but most times it is pretty good...

February 22, 2007 7:56 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i think someone too similar would get on my very last nerve. then again i would think someone completely opposite would do the same.

can we ever win.

February 22, 2007 11:18 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I agree ... sometimes you need to flip someone over to really appreciate them.

February 22, 2007 11:58 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

A little magnetism never hurts...How do we identify a potential partner? I would assume it to be through seeing something we like in another...I dont very often become attracted to someone because they are totally opposite to who I am and what I believe...Maybe I am just a boring old fart...lol

February 23, 2007 11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home