I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, February 09, 2007

It takes a lot of effort to look average

While some people are born beautiful, others get beauty thrust upon them in the way of hair, makeup, lighting, and a good photographer. Then, there’s me. No amount of good genes, thrusting, hair/makeup/lighting/photographer combo can make me into a cover model.

When dealing with my appearance, it takes a lot of effort just to look average.

There’s the washing, scrubbing, shaving, exfoliating, moisturizing, tweezing, squeezing, brushing, combing, and smoothing. And, that’s just a couple of things I do to my head. I won’t even describe what happens below the neck (although you can imagine).

There is so much work to be done and so little time to do it all.

Lord knows I'll never be smokin' hot. Fuck, I’ll take lukewarm if it’s on the menu. Throw me in the microwave for a minute and see what comes out.

But, if that isn’t feasible, maybe someone will come up with a surgery that can transplant my brain into their heads. And, if there is, I’ll be the first one on that waiting list.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of us might want to issue an alternate opinion on this topic. :)

I really don't think you give yourself nearly enough credit.

February 09, 2007 7:02 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

aspire to be yourself, Steven....

You are smokin' hot in your own rite.

February 09, 2007 8:31 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

My dear sweet (well, maybe not so sweet!), Steven...
You're beautiful, awesome, wonderful......and the list could go on and on. Be yourself, my friend. It's very very good.

February 09, 2007 12:21 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

echoing all thats been said. you are adorable! and i should know, because im cute.

February 09, 2007 12:51 pm  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Gonna have to get bien dans ta peau. It's really the only way.

February 09, 2007 3:14 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I know this is trite but "average" or "hot" are all matters of perspective. Also, I think we tend to judge ourselves harsher as well.

February 11, 2007 3:05 am  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Good post. I find that whenever I get my haircut I feel like I just got a makeover! LOL...only costs me $40 so I get a haircut every 3 weeks.

February 11, 2007 8:44 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

No comment.

February 12, 2007 10:14 am  
Blogger alexsander said...

you do all that to your hair? OMG! I have the worse hair in the world, i spent $20 everyweek in haircuts and maybe like $10 every 3 months in hair products.....

and I still look average

I kinda know what you mean with this post..... but remember you might appear smoking hot for others... sometimes we dont even know it :)

February 14, 2007 5:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home