I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chasing cars

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world


There are songs which are irrevocably linked with joyous moments of our lives. Whether it’s a birth, a wedding, or a celebration of any sort, the combination of music and lyrics has a magical effect on our senses.

But, sometimes they’re bittersweet in their meaning.

Whenever this song comes on the radio, I keep my finger close to the button that changes the station. For those few minutes, my heart visits the past. I listen to the song for as long as I can stand, without breaking inside. As it plays, my mind begins to count the memories, hoping the good ones outnumber the bad.

Before the song ends, I press the button to change the channel. Inevitably, I need to finish the song before it finishes with me. And, I don’t want to hurt, anymore.

Let’s waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

snow patrol is great!

January 29, 2007 11:59 pm  
Blogger Timmy said...

love the song!

January 30, 2007 8:44 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Never heard it.

January 30, 2007 1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me momentarily stop in my tracks too. Memories suck. The bad ones anyway.

January 30, 2007 1:46 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I love that song. Actually the whole album is pretty good

January 30, 2007 6:46 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

There was a period in the summer and fall of 2006 where I would just start crying when that song came on. One afternoon of viewing the video on YouTube inspired a blog post about it. As overplayed as it has been on Toronto radio, I'm still not sick of it. I, too, bought the album and I agree with nssg.

January 31, 2007 11:08 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

This is actually one of my favourite Snow Patrol songs. It is bittersweet but I love it.

February 01, 2007 6:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home