I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

In the mail

Getting the mail is a menial task that has to be done on a daily basis, or else the box would be so stuffed, the mail carrier wouldn’t be able to put any more crap inside of it.

Every day, I get the same thing.

Bill. Bill. Bill. Oh, what’s this? Can it possibly be… no, wait, another bill.

But, today is different. As I’m going through the pile, there’s a magazine rolled up inside the papers.

Ooh, a magazine! I’ve seen it on the stands. Must be a promotion. And, it’s free. FREE!! I practically squeal in my head.

I tear apart the plastic wrapper and begin to read it. Fairly thin on content. Half-decent articles. Nice photos. Not bad. I’ve read better. Wouldn’t pay $4.50 plus tax for it, but since it’s free…

Before I throw the sheath into the trash, I see there’s a small label on the back. Turns out, it isn’t for me. The carrier dropped it off at the wrong address. It isn’t even next door. Not even close. It’s in the other part of town.

I should stick it in the mail again, but I want to keep it. But, I shouldn’t. I wouldn’t want anyone to be taking my mail and keeping it for themselves. I know someone out there has a few of my Car and Driver magazines and I wouldn't want that to happen to someone else.

So, I do what any rational person would do: I place it back in its plastic sheath and drop it in the mailbox… after I’ve finished reading it.

Note: All bills I send back ASAP.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine said...

That was very nice of you. We need more considerate people out there like you. :)

February 07, 2007 11:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not? :)

February 08, 2007 7:08 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

whatever! you are such a goody two shoes.

I am disappointed in you Steven.

February 08, 2007 8:32 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I got a promotional copy of Men's Health in the mail last month.

It was the biggest effing c0ck tease of a thing EVER.

At least the crafting catalogues have stopped. Thanks MSLO for selling my name and address to the publishing world!

February 08, 2007 11:18 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i just keep them. or toss them. am i going to be arrested? again?

February 08, 2007 12:46 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

getting the mail is possibly the highest point of my day.

February 08, 2007 1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home