I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Light switch

Personalities are like light switches: they can be turned on and turned off with the flick of a finger. It’s akin to a performer putting on a show for an audience, then retreating to a “normal” state when the curtains go down.

Like many performers, I flick my switch on and off depending on my mood. If I find things to be boring, it’s up to me to get off my ass and shake it for everyone. If the party has already started, then I pull back and let someone else do their thing.

Strangely enough, I don’t control my own switch, even though I think it lies between the “on” and “off” position at all times.

When people are attracted to me, the switch flicks one way. Click. And, then they're repelled just as quickly. Click. It goes back on, again. Click. Then, off. Click. They get closer, closer, until you’re not able to breathe and there’s little space to exhale. Click. Then, they push you away, saying they don't want to be anywhere near you. Click. Click. Click.

The end result is akin to a strobe light - flash, flash, flash - and my head (not to mention my cold, black heart) ends up feeling the effects.

That is such a turn on. Or is it a turn off? On, or off? I’m not sure.

I think my switch is broken.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to get Lutron to design a heavy duty, luxury switch for you! :)

February 07, 2007 6:25 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

great post, so true.

February 07, 2007 7:09 am  
Blogger Sh@ney said...

lol...a valid point..xoxo

February 07, 2007 10:09 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

can i take a look at your switch? i might know how to fix it.

February 07, 2007 11:15 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

perhaps you've just blown a fuse.

February 07, 2007 1:21 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

It gets interesting because it's not just your switch at work. It's the interaction of the other person's switch with yours that makes things unpredictable. :)

February 07, 2007 5:43 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

What if you can't find the switch? LOL

February 07, 2007 8:28 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Well there's a love gone down on mine
Suicidal voltage line
She sends signals outta distress
She devil, she evil
She got you reelin' on a rockin' machine
With a flick of the switch
With a flick of the switch she'll blow you sky high
With a flick of the switch
With a flick of the switch she can satisfy...


That song was recorded before you were born, methinks.

:-)

February 08, 2007 11:15 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

All of these double entendres!...well, you can ring my bell, if I can flip your switch!

February 08, 2007 6:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need to have a dimmer switch installed in my personality. If I'm quiet, my friends ask me if I'm ok. Jesus fucking christ! Do I talk that much that a moments silence brings the concern out in people? I like things shoved in my mouth but come ON!
kb

February 10, 2007 11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home