I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Fourteen days

The reason why many people hate Valentine’s Day is that it's a day for couples. Even though you can buy a card and chocolates for yourself, it's not reciprocally romantic (unless you have Disassociative Identity Disorder and are in love with one of your personalities).

And, every year it’s the same thing for millions of people around the world.

Being a romantic at heart, I was crushed when all I got last year was a text message. Even though I sent plenty of cards and made a few phone calls, no one did the same thing to me. No one sent me a card (e-, or otherwise), called me, or even met up with me. If it wasn’t for the fact that my hair was looking great, I would’ve wrapped myself up under a blanket, curled into a fetal position, and swallowed an entire bottle of Nyquil to knock me unconscious for the rest of the day.

But, that was last year. This year it will be different. It has to be different.

Although I’m not adverse to a candlelit dinner, a stay at a swanky hotel, and a weekend trip to Paris, I’ll be happy with any form of romance, as long as it’s done in good faith.

Fuck, I’ll even take a Wal-Mart kind of sentiment. If someone buys the right kind of soft toilet paper for 50 per cent off, I’m theirs.

All I want is to have someone make me feel good. Just once. For one day.

Is that too much to ask?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish (ask) for. LOL!

DID, huh? What if I have multiples and one of them becomes jealous of my love for one of the others? Will I never speak to myself again?

February 01, 2007 6:09 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

that day, I usually just touch myself more.....seems to work!

February 01, 2007 8:52 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Was that me? Was my Happy VD text the only thing you got? That sucks. I'm sorry.

February 01, 2007 9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, not all of my personalities read blogs to know who you are. Trevor must have been out that day last year.

But if I am somebody different, Have a wonerful Valentiens Day!!

Love,
Jaydon

February 01, 2007 10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you used the proper name for that disorder, because that multiple personality thing is so not right.

Do enjoy V-Day. This year I will be working during the day and at school at night, missing my family entirely. Such is life.

February 01, 2007 12:41 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

its definitely not too much to ask for...

February 01, 2007 2:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not too much to ask. I heard Butchie looking for a boy toy for Valentine's Day. Maybe you should ask him.

:)

February 01, 2007 7:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clarify something for me:

Make you feel good

OR

Feel you real good

Just asking.

February 01, 2007 8:14 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

This is the first time that I'll have a boyfriend for Valentine's Day in a while...so looking forward to the romance of it all:)

February 01, 2007 11:43 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i've never liked Valentine's Day, as a single person or as a smug coupled person. i always thought throwing a big party where you invite single friends and they have to bring a single friend was kinda fun. Cliche, but fun.

this year i might have some friends over for a Board Game night.

February 02, 2007 12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home