I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hello, whoa, Vienna calling (pt. 2)

When checking my e-mail, I notice the inbox contains an message from my friend, K. In it, she apologizes for not being able to visit me because she’s still in Vancouver, but will try to see me as soon as her work schedule allows for a break.

Interesting, I think as I raise my eyebrow. So, she wasn’t in town when R called looking for her.

When I e-mail her, I write her to say that it’s fine that she couldn’t come visit because work comes first. Also, I throw in a snarky line about R: "By the way, R called my house looking for you. Just so you know..."

When I talk to K on the phone, I mention R's phone call.

“Weird,” says K.

“I know, isn’t it?” I say. “First I thought you were in town and were meeting up with her, which of course I got pissed because you didn't say anything, but then I was like whatever, she probably just wants to spend time with her." I get riled up. "Then, I get your e-mail saying you’re sorry you couldn’t visit because you’re still in Vancouver…”

“I haven’t even spoken with her since the wedding,” she says.

“Oh my God! Me, too!” I am shocked. “And, that was two friggin’ years ago!”

“Uh huh, right?”

“It’s either marriage that got her busy, or religion that got her brainwashed,” I say. “Either, or. Same thing.”

“Marriage can do that to you,” says K on the other line.

"Yeah. Marriage..." I let the word linger in the air, thinking there's probably another reason why R called in the first place.

Note: To be continued…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Ontario Turns...

LOL!

February 20, 2007 6:09 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Eh. I'll wait for the movie.

February 20, 2007 9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home