I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Interesting

Recently, I came across the contact information of an artist that I admire. He’s very good at what he does, and is from Toronto. Being the sort of person of person who is semi-proficient in the occasional ass-kissing, I send a message saying that I’m a fan of his work.

When he writes back, he thanks me for my message.

By chance, he also says he read Human Nature.

And, to quote him: “Your blog is interesting...”

Part of me is thinking, "Oh my God! He visited my site." The other part of me is thinking, "Oh my God! He visited my site."

Even though I don’t know him personally, I know what he means by interesting. I use the same word when I’m trying to be diplomatic and not say crazy. So, in one fell swoop, I screwed up any chance of meeting him because he thought my site was interesting (and in turn, found me interesting, as well).

Now, I wonder whether I should delete Human Nature if/when someone who I admire (and wants to like me) reads my ramblings. Can it help my chances if it isn’t around, or can it hinder them if it exists?

Let me just say that I hope he doesn’t recognize me if we cross paths in the city. That would be too embarrassing.

Note: I sent him another note saying I loved his work with a particular model... only to find out it was the wrong model. I'm such a fucking idiot.

6 Comments:

Blogger brenton said...

um... what if he reads this post?
I'm sure he doesn't think you are crazy. Just quirky like the rest of us and if he's a true artist he's walking the fine line between genius and lunatic too!

April 23, 2007 7:27 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Remember shame is useless.

April 23, 2007 7:31 am  
Blogger S said...

Brenton: If he reads this post, then... well, I guess I didn't scare him off. LOL.

April 23, 2007 11:41 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I met Jeffrey Koffman (reporter) at Boots about 11 years ago. I was sufficiently in awe, but I was also drinking 2 beers at the same time. (I had to load up for last call.) It didn't go unnoticed.

April 23, 2007 11:55 am  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Do not delete it! You are a good writer.

April 23, 2007 8:33 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I like Brenton's use of the word "quirky." Yeah, right, Brenton.....it's CRAZY and FREAKISH that you're looking for! (I'm kidding, Steven....you know for a fact that I love your site.) I find it interesting too. In an interesting sort of way.

April 23, 2007 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home