I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Never-in-Chief

While perusing blogland, I can’t help but wonder how many people put their lives out there for everyone to read and see (if there’s a photo). Part of me is intrigued, wanting to know more, and part of me is repulsed because I think I read too much already.

True, it makes me sound like a hypocrite because I, too, am an Editor-in-Chief of my own site. But, like any good editor, I know what stays in and what needs to be taken out to achieve an interesting and entertaining balance.

The checklist of what stays and what goes is a simple one. Although I am a proponent of never using the word “never” for anything, there are some things that my eight readers will never find on this site…

- Names of any family members and friends (it's their initials - always)
- Stories of any family members and friends (it's their stories to tell)
- Tales of romantic exploits (there's nothing romantic to talk about)
- Me wearing nothing, or next-to-nothing (there are better bodies out there)

If I wanted fame, the numbers on my stat counter to grow exponentially, or people to compliment me about how [insert comment] I am, I’d surely take the four points (above) into consideration. But, that’s not my style. I am not seeking attention, or the approval of others. This site is about writing, not T&P/D&A.

Of course, there will still be plenty of stories about my exploits in the world, because that’s what Human Nature is all about.


Note: Sorry about that. I had an itch to scratch.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Is your booty sweating in this pic (or did you have an accident)?

xoxo

April 24, 2007 2:53 am  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Can't see. Your underwear is in the way.

April 24, 2007 8:10 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

There's some cream for that you know, lol.

April 24, 2007 8:11 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i think your scratch is much deeper.

April 24, 2007 11:07 am  
Blogger S said...

Christopher: It's not sweat, it's your drool.

April 24, 2007 11:52 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

I won't deny it.....Bitch!

xoxo

April 24, 2007 1:17 pm  
Blogger dantallion said...

What...No designer label on your skivvies?

April 24, 2007 2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home