I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Practice makes perfect

Quite often, people exalt their skills in a variety of things. Whether they’re good with numbers, at sports, or in the arts, they never stop talking about how good they are.

But, there is one skill I’ve never understood why people talk about: kissing.

How can a subjective skill be rated on by the individual doing the deed? Last time I rememer, kissing is dependant on the POV of others.

Even if it is true, how does it happen? Not everyone is naturally talented (no matter what their over-inflated egos think). When dealing with kissing, could it be a matter of practice makes perfect: The more people you kiss, the better you are at it?

It’s not the same as people who talk about their sexual prowess. People can have lots of sex, but that means they’re whores, and nothing more. Insert A into B. Remove A from B. Repeat. Kissing is much more complicated, with more calculations than a quadratic equation.

Of course, no one would ever admit to being a bad kisser. That’s lunacy.

So, whatever the answer (natural born talent, or macking machine), all I have is one question: Can I get in on some practice?

9 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

With lips like yours, I'd expect you to have had more than your fair share of kissing...and trust me when I say that when you've been kissed "proper"...you know you've found you a good kisser.

p.s. my single lips are available for you to practice on anytime...I'm such a giver!

April 30, 2007 1:55 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I didn't know what a bad kisser was until I kissed one. He thrust his tongue, much like a thrusting penis, repeatedly and harashly into my mouth while breathing in big *pops* and trying to suck the air out of my lungs. Like a vacuum. He was from England.

April 30, 2007 7:09 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

I only remember experiencing one truly bad kisser in my life - I think it was the same guy Wordo mentions. It was enough to quell my interest completely.

April 30, 2007 10:32 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

A into B and "repeat." Hum. Don't the shampoo bottles say the same thing...rinse and repeat?
Now, for real, when was the last time you kissed? It can't be that long.

April 30, 2007 2:19 pm  
Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Beauty is the eye of the beholder. Good kissers respond to their partner and adapt, that's how good kissing (and sexual) chemistry develops. We all kiss differently, and the bad ones are those that keep doing the same thing even though it is clear their partner is not into it.

April 30, 2007 3:05 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I used to be a bad kisser...seriously but I got better at it and practiced. I think you need to have someone who teaches you how to be a great kisser. There are a lot of bad kissers out there!

April 30, 2007 10:51 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Go clubbing one night, grab a boy, and practise on the dancefloor. God knows how many times I've done that - well, before I was coupled, that is. ;)

April 30, 2007 11:24 pm  
Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

If you consider sex as simple as "insert A into B", NO - you cannot get in on some practice!
Jeeeez...

May 01, 2007 8:13 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

You can't be a good kisser without a partner - it's one of those things that definitely takes 2. I mean, there are some things that you can do by yourself, just substitute someone else's Part B with your own Part C and there ya go! But with kissing, a good kisser is only as good as the other person.

Of course, bad kissers are ALWAYS bad kissers.

May 01, 2007 4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home