I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A second chance to make a first impression

It is common knowledge that you only get one chance to make a first impression. The main reason is time: no one has any extra left on their schedules to make an appointment for the second one.

When it comes to interviews, my patter is practiced to perfection. I know what to say, when to say it, and how to say it, and I know what to talk about what I did, what I am doing, and what I plan to do with my life, career-wise.

When it comes to meeting people for the first time, it doesn't happen that way. Being someone who is very shy, I take a step back and watch the interaction between others so I can get a feeling of what to say and when to say it.

Unfortunately, due to my pas de parler, it comes across as a form of judgement - which is false. I don't judge people. If I have something to say, I tell them to their faces. It's that simple.

So, the question is this: Should I just make the most of the first impression and see what happens, or see what happens if I get a second one, allowing me to let "the real me" come through? What the hell should I do?

Because, when you think about it, shouldn't everyone get a second chance at a first impression?

Note: Your family and friends are in my thoughts, C.

4 Comments:

Blogger about a boy said...

everyone should get a 2nd chance!

April 25, 2007 11:08 am  
Blogger S said...

Thank you, AAB.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Seriously. I'm practically begging, here...

April 25, 2007 11:54 am  
Blogger dantallion said...

Be who you are, and be open to listening to who they are. Don't judge someone for something a person says they first time you meet them - and expect that people aren't judging you either. Because if they ARE so quick to judge, do you really care what kind of first impression you made? .

April 25, 2007 12:11 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

First of all, those big foreign (French, isn't it?) words are getting to me. We don't use words of more than one syllable down in this neck of the woods. Second impressions? Your first one to me has been perfect. I understand you, I feel for you....in fact, I AM YOU. No seconds necessary here. I love you just the way you are. Ahh....a sappy love song.

April 25, 2007 2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home